Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year ... new hopes???

It's that time of year again when we shake off the old year and welcome a new one. Some of us are in reflection mode while there are others of us who wish 2009 would come to an end now, right now! Then there are those of us who are looking forward with anticipation. Others, with trepidation. None of us knows what 2010 holds but one things is for sure, it's going to be an interesting year.
For me personally, each year, I set some goals with the hope of achieving them and I have to say that so far, I have done pretty well. In fact, that my writing this blog is testament that resolutions do work.
The key to achieving your goals are quite simple ... they must be achievable and realistic! It makes no sense to set a goal to save a million dollars for the year when you do not earn half as much and have no secondary source of income. There are some persons who set goals to go to church more often, they get a good start with Watch Night Services but after that every perceivable challenge occurs...tiredness, events, the job, the kids, the husband or wife... and so my first goal is usually to be RESILIENT and PERSISTENT!
I have always been told, 'if you want to achieve something, you have to go for it'. So my encouragement to you for 2010 is to set some goals. Dont' be afraid of not achieving them. If you achieve only part of the goal, add the remaining part to next year, you may just finally achieve it... My Driver's License was part of my 1998 goal, I achieved this in 2007... yeah, yeah, i know, but guess what ... it happened!
All the best for 2010!

2 comments:

  1. True last word Sancia, its a lot better to set a goal or two and accomplish one or two than not try anything at all. It takes you forward,forward is better than backwards, or worse...being stagnant. I say yes to movement!

    ReplyDelete