Monday, January 4, 2010

Stop Blaming the Church

Can I tell you I am sick and tired of society blaming all its ills on the church. Everyday someone else gets up and complains "The Church has lost its way", "The church is failing".... blah, blah, blah... but I am asking what I believe is a pertinent question, what has happened to good old responsibility? Why is no-one taking responsibility for their actions anymore? The church did not tell gunmen to go out and kill and maim innocent people. The church did not culture or cultivate thieves. The church did not authorise revellry, gambling or any other 'carnal sin'. Yet, daily the church is being blamed because of the results of these behaviours.
The fact is friends, no one even listens to the church anymore because everybody is caught up in thier own righteousness. We are more concerned about 'living comfortably in ourselves' and 'being spiritual'. We all want to do what we want to do when we want to do it.
It is time that people begin to take responsibility for their actions. We reap what we sow and many of the behaviours being exhibited today are a result of years sowing in the wrong vineyards. The chickens are now coming home to roost!
Stop pointing fingers at others because of what you have become... start with the man in the mirror and make the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment