I've been a rut for the past few days... guess its just the stresses and challenges of life getting to me... Bills, bills everywhere and as for the salary - no increase, nowhere in sight and then someone sent me a text message to listen to a song on YouTube. She wanted my feedback. I think its a good song. But in the suggested list of songs to listen as well there was 'Rise Again' - the Haiti tribute and 'Save a Life', both commissioned by the philanthropic visionary entertainer, Shaggy... i just have one word, AMAZING!
To see our people, the same Jamaican people that we cuss out as disagreeable and cantankerous coming together to make such fantastic songs and for one moment I was totally awed... I felt myself come alive as I listened to both songs. In fact, so alive I left that I listened to 'Save a life' about three times until i remembered that the headsets I had been using was a loaner (lol)
But why do I suddenly feel better? It's not just the sheer talent that is exhibited in the video but its also the unity and a vivid exhibition that if we put our differences aside for even a moment, great things can be achieved.
Out of those two efforts, so much money has been raised to help not only Jamaicans but also the people of Haiti. Imagine that, the same cantankerous, disagreeable Jamaicans touching the lives of people worldwide!!!
Have you heard the gratitude of the people of Haiti or the gratitude of the parents who's children benefit from the use of the almost $50 million worth of machines purchased for the Bustamante Children's Hospital?
Guys, we achieve so much more when we pull together than pull apart? Tears came to my eyes when I heard and saw one of my favourite DJs (Elephant Man) passionately express that its "full time we lend a helping hand, show some love, dis onoo betta ovastand..."... just amazing.
So thanks to Shaggy and them... i feel okay now :)
Thats the power of music. The same music that some people thinks has no effect on the moods and attitudes of folks...
ReplyDelete