Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A likkle a everyting!

Man, its been a while since I've been here!!! So much has happened since then. Where do I start? Well, they say the beginning is always a good place.

Bruce is under fire again --- the Jamaican people are riding his ass about this Manatt thing! And he in turn has started to hit out on the media that 'they are picking on him'. But what is this though? I wonder if Bruce realizes that he is the Prime Minister and his job not only comes with responsibility but criticism??

Portia and her band of merry-men are on the righteous campaign again. The PNP has now an integrity commission. Sounds like a good concept and my pastor is actually the Chairman of this commission. But as far as I have gleaned, the commission will only be able to observe and report, they will have no final say in any candidate selection. Let's see what comes out of this.

In the midst of the bad, there is some great news... Yendi Phillips, 1st Runner-up Miss Universe 2010. You know it is so amazing, when this girl won the local leg of this competition, there were detractors who thought she shouldn't have entered and even after entering, shouldn't have won. 'Give someone else a chance' they say... but alas! now that she has done so well, is the same wagonists them running their mouth, how proud they are of Yendi. Bwoy I tell you, can't please Jamaicans but if you can't beat them, they very next best thing to do, is join them. Congrats Yendi!

Now back to other news --- the great Edith Allwood-Anderson has declared that industrial actions by the Nurses is 'back on track' and the Minister cannot hold her responsible for the actions of the Nurses. Edith, are we seriously going down this road again? Aren't you tired of issuing empty threats? You don't see that the government not taking you seriously? I don't know what you going to do my dear, but if you manage to get the reclassification and more importantly, the outstanding money, call me because I need to have a word with Bruce too!

I could not end here today without touching on my favourite sport of all time... track & field. We must admit that the US has been a formidable rival in the sport over the decades. It's always been head-to-head between Jamaica and the US but since Beijing 2008, Jamaica has been consistently coming out slightly ahead of the US. The most exciting of the rivalry though is the race between Tyson Gay (US) and Asafa Powell/Usain Bolt (JA). Just recently Tyson got the better of Bolt. I imagine he must have felt so good, he finally tamed the bull. But alas! his celebration is shortlived. Coming around the bend to clip him on the line is young stars; Yohan Blake and Nesta Carter. As if that isn't enough, there is a host of young athletes coming up; Dexter Lee, Ramone McKenzie and Odean Skeen. 2011/12 better hurry up and come cause the next World Championships/Olympics will be a storm around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment