Remember those days... the good old days when things were just nice... well maybe not all of us think of it as the good old days but there are somethings that we miss every now and then, we wish those could come back. Here's my list of those things that I think of 'every now and then'
MONEY
- 5 cent sweetie
- 10 cent bulla
- When $1 could buy 20 icy mints
- When $5 could buy a loaf of bread
TV
- MacGuyer on a Saturday night
- When Cosby Show was 'THE' comedy to watch
- Dick Pixley - JBC on Friday nights - "MONEY, MONEY, MONEY - IT'S A RICH MAN'S WORLD"
- Good evening, I am Charles Lewin for JBC News
- Good evening, I am Erica Allen for JBC News
- Dennis Hall on School's Challenge Quiz
- Sunday afternoon international football on JBC
- Saturday morning wrestling on JBC
- 'Getting up Harry' - the Andrews Commercial
SCHOOL DAYS
- Marbles
- Chinese skip
- Nutrimilk & nutribulla
- When slingshot was called a 'bingie'
- Toy cars made from juice box, bamboo and bottle corks
- Wheelie pon di BMX
- British Knights sneakers
EVERYDAY
- Sir Florizel Glasspole, Governor General of Jamaica
- Mayor Marie Atkinson - Kingston's Mayor forever!!!
- Rialto Theatre on Windward Road
- Rainbow Skateland
- Jamaica Telephone Company
FASHION STATEMENTS
- Matey Bag
- Big Blouse & Tights
- Everybody wore a jherri curl
- Nasty Jherri curl on the shirt collar
- Kid N Play hair cut
- Gold Teeth
- When men wore pants with pleats
Feel free to add your own lists too!
those were the good old days.
ReplyDeleteBegie Kites
Wheel and Wire
suck suck (before bag juice came in)
kisko
money football
How could I forget 'suck, suck' - that was my big thing! Lol!
ReplyDeletebwoy sans you know how to keep people talking...you haven't changed one bit.. what about butterfly clip, kriss kross fool fool way of wearing pants...bwoy we did really look stupid having back pockets at the front of our jeans..mi did find da style BADDD.
ReplyDeletelol!
ReplyDeletethanks for the comments guys... keep them coming :)
Fi real Sancia, u went waay back. But u forgot "asham" and marble was "taa" LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat about ‘cup n’ saucer’ hair style – (plaiting the ends into each other), di BIG black plastic ‘digital' watch dem, police button, sky juice, boom elastic, DANY SHANDY raaaaeeee….; my speciality.
ReplyDeleteAnd for the technology savvy then; LP and 45, VCR, video/cassette tape, who neva ave ah handset telephone from JTC with call wait ah bat…. Lolol….. Lawd Gad.
lolololol! mi love dis Keisha...
ReplyDeleteI thought of some more the other day but I can't remember them now... I know i will though :)
Can't leave out the famous hose wheel and when we played simon says, stuckie, 123 redlight and the classic dandy shandy aka site-ins.
ReplyDeletewho rememba the bembe taa (marbles- the really big ones)
ReplyDeleteThis a did the old time soap opera fi di ladies:
ReplyDeleteMonday - Dynasty
Tuesday - Dallas
Wednesday - Falcon quest
Fi the man dem
Friday - Reminton Steel & Tour of Duty
Transport: Di good old train system and TATA Bus, mi memba all dem Doreen bus deh whey the ducta dem use to go on top fi tek off the load off a bus top and throw down to side man
@zipitup: remember
ReplyDelete- quartermillion bus
- $5 to return a D&G bottle
- D&G soda
I smiled when I read this Sancia...such a pleasant start to my Saturday:) Don't forget staggaback sweetie, kus kus perfume, man walking on the street with boom box tape, farm workers in corduroy pants, miami vice clothes, shockin colour clothes,acid wash and stone wash jeans and of course the great della move dance! Wow. I wish...I wish...I wish:)
ReplyDeleteRemember when people used to come from foreign and everybody know, on account of the 'rented jewellry' lolololololololololol!
ReplyDeleteIn my very belated response, this blog sounds similar to one I did a while back - http://samrhule.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletewould you believe I came across this blog while googling "wheel and wire"? lol
Dont' know why we got to googling our old friend Dick Pixley tonight. He was our neighbor when we lived in Walderston, Manchester, Jamaica in 1974-75. Your remembrances brought back some wonderful memories.
ReplyDeleteSame here.
DeleteRobin Pixley (Son)